Cat Having Kitten, Help!

Sevi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. My girl has given birth tonight to 2 beautiful kittens at 62 days. I thought she was going to have more kittens as her belly was full and very compact, the placentas were quite big so do you think that's it? She gave birth at 8pmish it is now 5.10 am she's had been to toilet and has a poo and tummy seems to have gone down she seems content with babies and are feeding good.

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hi. Sorry to butt in on your thread my girl has given birth tonight to 2 beautiful kittens at 62 days. I thought she was going to have more kittens as her belly was full and very compact, the placentas were quite big so do you think that's it? She gave birth at 8pmish it is now 5.10 am she's had been to toilet and has a poo and tummy seems to have gone down she seems content with babies and are feeding good.
She is prob done. Anyway as long as she is happy and ok you can calmly wait and see even if you know there is more left. Pauses of hours and even days arent uncommon.

But if you notice any trouble....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sevi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is prob done. Anyway as long as she is happy and ok you can calmly wait and see even if you know there is more left. Pauses of hours and even days arent uncommon.

But if you notice any trouble....
Thankyou for your reply ..I will keep an eye on her

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How is mom doing today?

Are you able to keep mom 100% inside and away from intact males until the kittens have weaned? Do you need help finding a low cost clinic to spay mom?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As long as she is happy and calm, she is most likely done. Any restlessness, ignoring kittens and meowing in pain, call a vet right away. It's not uncommon for a first time mama to only have one or two, especially if they are small themselves. Congratulations! My mama got pregnant again when the kittens were only two weeks old, so watch out!