Cat having a lot of issues now not eating after vet visit

TofuHimmie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 3 1/2 year old himmie has been having issues for a while. She often has soft stool (cat. 5) & bright red blood around her anus & fur, and also fur loss with red marks on her head and around her ears.

About 6 weeks ago we went to the vet and she we found fleas and earmites and the vet said all the symptoms fit and got her the full treatment + deworming. She got better but then 3 days a go the soft stool and red blood happened again. I waited for 24 hours to see if it’s a one off but the next day the same happened. In addition she also threw up a small hairball (size the half of a pinkie) two days in a row.

I took her to the vet yesterday and she’s checked for mites and fleas and nothing. Her belly area is also healthy and nothing is wrong with her teeth. So the vet gave her drontal and revolution plus as precaution anyway. During the vet visit I realized that my cat lost weight. 6 weeks ago she was 3.67KG but now it’s 3.44KG. She has never been an “enthusiastic eater” but again for precaution the vet gave me some supplements.

And now the worrying part, we visited the vet yesterday afternoon. She hasn’t eaten much at all since, we’re almost at 24 hours now. She would lick and chew a tiny bit of food (like maybe in total she’s eaten 1-2 teaspoons of food since yesterday).

Could this be stress from the vet visit / drontal / revolution plus side effects? What should I do to get her to eat?

Any advice appreciated.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How is your cat? I am so sorry to be so long getting back with you. You may know by now that our server was down due to fire.

I would also like to know if your vet did blood work, and a fecal check. If not, those things should be done asap!