Cat have lump after she gave birth

gista

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So i have a stray cat around neighborhood that i take care of ffrom time to time. She is around 4 years old, and just about a week ago she gave birth at my home. But after the labor, she had this kind of a lump around her primordial pouch. This lump is suspiciuosly big but soft and squishy when i touch it. She doesn't appeared to feel pain when i touch that, and doesn't look like sick either. But i still worried, because all of her previous labor, she never had this lump before. Sorry for a messy writing and a broken english, i hope you guys can help me out!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you think it could be her milk? If it is an actual lump, it should be checked out by a vet. You could give it a day or two to see if it gets smaller or worse. If she is acting normal, eating/drinking/peeing/pooping ok, it may be something that is benign. If she stops eating or caring for the kittens I pray you can bring her in......

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gista

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for your reply, the lump have been there for several days already and doesn't seem like change in size. She still eating and taking care of her baby just fine. I just hope that it is not a life threatening condition, so i can take her to the vet once i have a sufficient funds. Thank you!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please keep an eye on it. If it feels hot, turns red. Or gets a lot bigger, bring her in. It could be trauma on her insides from giving birth. As long as she is acting fine hopefully everything is good. Cats are tough. I have seen them heal from terrific wounds. Keep us updated!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would get the lump looked at by a vet and get mom spayed as soon as the kittens wean. At her age she should not have another litter, and the lump may be cancerous.

Do you have mom and kittens inside your home now? Thank you for taking care of her.

gista

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Please keep an eye on it. If it feels hot, turns red. Or gets a lot bigger, bring her in. It could be trauma on her insides from giving birth. As long as she is acting fine hopefully everything is good. Cats are tough. I have seen them heal from terrific wounds. Keep us updated!
Thank you, for the advices. I will!

gista

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would get the lump looked at by a vet and get mom spayed as soon as the kittens wean. At her age she should not have another litter, and the lump may be cancerous.

Do you have mom and kittens inside your home now? Thank you for taking care of her.
Definitely will spay her as soon as possible, and probably forced her to go to the vet this week lol. The kitten is in my home, but mama cat still roaming outside and only come occasionally to feed her babies. She just hate to stay inside.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Please keep mom inside until her babies wean and she is spayed. Otherwise, she may disappear when she goes into heat soon and get pregnant again. If she disappears, you will be hand rearing the kittens around the clock.