Cat Hasn’t Eaten in 4 Days

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sierrawinston

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am glad that they are working with you from the financial perspective, at least. Let us know what you find out.

Simethicone can be used with cats, but in your case with all that is going on you definitely want to ask your vet if it would be okay and what the appropriate dose would be.
Yah I’m definitely going to ask, I realize gas isn’t the cause of everything that’s happening and is just a symptom but I really want to alleviate the discomfort so he can hopefully eat and keep things down. The idea of him having surgery and being so weak and thin scares me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sierrawinston

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How is your cat doing today? 🤗
He seems to be doing a bit better. We tried prednisolone and ampicillin on Monday and when he came home he had a much better appetite. Went back on Tuesday to do a follow up and they felt good about sending him home with a prescription for prednisolone and a shot of convenia antibiotics. His appetite is still a bit touch and go but he had his first normal poop last night and he hasn’t puked. He is still a bit lethargic but that could just be from the antibiotics? I also got the okay to use simethicone to help with the gas that’s still in his system. We still have no idea what’s causing this but hopefully he’s back to normal after the course of the steroids.