Cat Has Weird Bald Patch On Leg (advice Needed!)

bonchan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone!

I found this small circular bald patch with marks on my cat's leg today. I just noticed it, so I'm not sure if it's been there for awhile or not. It doesn't seem to hurt my cat, and she, mood-wise, seems quite fine.

However, a mixture of reasons makes me feel a bit concerned. She's a senior cat (I adopted her from a friend who was moving across the country), and hasn't been eating much recently. She barfed earlier today (perhaps due to the cat grass we just introduced to her), and has had diarrhea as well (which has happened occasionally before). But again, she seems content and normal.

Are these bald spots benign? Am I being too much of an overanxious cat mama? Your insights would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Attachments

mcginnisr201

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don’t mean to alarm you, but it’s possible that it could be ringworm, which is contagious to humans. My cat had similar-looking spots, and it turned out to be ringworm. I’d take your kitty to the vet to rule it out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bonchan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you and appreciate your insight!!! I will schedule a vet visit.

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
I too was thinking ringworm. The good news is that it's quite treatable and doesn't hurt the cat at all! Glad you are taking her to the vet for a medical diagnosis! Keep us updated!