Cat has tapeworm feedback suggestions appreciated

Stephen0395

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So my 2 year old cat has tapeworm im like 99% sure it is that type. little white rice specs near the anus. parents bought him a dewormer for roundworms said there was none for tapeworm will that help?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I honestly can't remember what I used when Feeby had tapeworms years ago - I am sure it was through my vet. But, I did find this one (see link below) through Amazon.com.

Another product is called Droncit, but I think it is prescription only. Have you confirmed with a vet that it is in fact tapeworms?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Stephen0395

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi. I honestly can't remember what I used when Feeby had tapeworms years ago - I am sure it was through my vet. But, I did find this one (see link below) through Amazon.com.

Another product is called Droncit.
but if the product they got says for roundworms knowing he has tapeworms will it help at all i dont wont to give it to him

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, if it's not for Tapeworm it won't help. There's a topical dewormer called profender that will take care of tapeworm, try asking your vet about it and see if they carry it.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Anyone of these products are broad-spectrum wormers:
  • Drontal tablets, containing Praziquantel and Pyrantel Pamoate, treat tapeworms, hookworms and roundworms.
  • Profender Red Allwormer, a topical liquid applied directly on your cat's skin at the base of the head, treats roundworms, hookworms and tapeworms.
  • Valucat Wormer Paste for Cats treats roundworms, hookworms and tapeworms. The paste is administered in three ways: placed by syringe in the back of the mouth; mixed with food; rubbed on the forepaw to be licked off.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Stephen0395

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Anyone of these products are broad-spectrum wormers:
  • Drontal tablets, containing Praziquantel and Pyrantel Pamoate, treat tapeworms, hookworms and roundworms.
  • Profender Red Allwormer, a topical liquid applied directly on your cat's skin at the base of the head, treats roundworms, hookworms and tapeworms.
  • Valucat Wormer Paste for Cats treats roundworms, hookworms and tapeworms. The paste is administered in three ways: placed by syringe in the back of the mouth; mixed with food; rubbed on the forepaw to be licked off.
they got one called Excel roundworm dewormer. im sure he has tapeworm but the last time they got one from petco that treated all 4 types of worms. whats the main diff from tape and round worm. what i see on my cat are little rice specs near his anus and basically white little worms in his stool when pooping