Cat Has Spreading Wounds That Look Like A Burn.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sleeping in their litter box is a way some cats comfort themselves. It is the place that smells the most like them, which means they feel more protected there. It also frequently means they don't feel well. You are doing the right thing. Don't stop until you get answers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

squirrelymonki

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay, it sounds as though you and your vet understand each other.

diabetes is treatable and controlable and the cat can be made comfortable and happy. The hardest part is that you have to get on a schedual and stay on it to give him his shots once or twice a day. If you miss one, he won't die. Your vet will tell you what you need. There is a cat diabetes forum you should join IF HE HAS it. Ask your vet what the worst thing that can happen is. Knowing that will make it easier for you. Mine told me that my cat could go into a coma and slip away from either too much insulin or not enough. If you are giving too much insulin you will know, your vet will tell you what to look for. If you aren't giving enough your vet will tell you what to look for.

If you need to buy insulin go to GoodRX for pets to find the best place to buy it. Knowing that will make it easier for you.

Your staying calm and relaxed is the best thing you can do for your cat whether he has diabetes or not. He will mirror your feelings, it's what cats do. Calm and relaxed helps in healing. Therefore, when you relax you aren't being selfish, you aren't ignoring his reality, you are helping him. Got it? Good. Hugs.
No a thing showed up on his bloodwork, but he's breathing deep and heavy, and rocking front to back - when he's not bunched up in the litterbox...not sure if I posted about that already. No word from his vet about that, or whom I asked to check on him at home.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep an eye on him and let the vet know how long he sleeps in the litter box. And keep the litter box cleaned as normal. Think of his sleeping there as him holding a teddy bear.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
35 Signs That Your Cat May Be In Pain

Can you also syringe some store bought chamomile (garden grown isn't safe for cats) tea into him? The tea will help his skin as mentioned earlier, but it will also help calm him a little, and it isn't a sedating drug. Brew it, cool and and try syringing it slowly into the cheek rather than straight down his throat, with time between each small amount so he can swallow. 1-3 teaspoons up to three times a day.

Also, take a look at this, just in case/for future if need be;
Fur Keeps Falling Due To Bacteria On The Skin

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

squirrelymonki

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update: yeah, he's getting the cone of shame. I was reluctant because I didn't want to stress or panic him. But he tore himself up yesterday and I was able to find one that can fold down. The vet has multiple messsages waiting for them. I'm also going to implement your suggestions. He's still refusing to leave his litter box. At all.