Cat has skin bumps along her back

owneroperator

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She has these bumps about the size of an ink pen tip right down the middle of her back. If I pick at them with my fingers, they flake off and leave a tiny blood spot behind.

The bumps seem to be in groups of five spread along the middle of her back. There's no loss of fur in the area, but the fur above the bumps feel unusually course. When I touch the area, it doesn't seem to bother her; it just feels real rough to the touch.

I got in there with a high powered flash light while she was laying on her side.

These bumps or sores readily peel off, but there's too many of them. Brushing her fur doesn't seem to take them off either; I have to pick them off.

Have you any ideas?

aswient

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't know if they are the same bumps but some of mine get them around the back of their necks, and I know its from flea bites. If I use a fine tooth comb I can kind of scrap them off, and they let me so I guess it feels good to them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

owneroperator

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes I've suspected they were flee bites because sometimes she'll jump up for no apparent reason and run across the house at 90 miles per hour and then she'll stop and try to lick her back. That would make perfect sense because she can't reach that area in the middle of her back and the fleas probably know that.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by OwnerOperator

Yes I've suspected they were flee bites because sometimes she'll jump up for no apparent reason and run across the house at 90 miles per hour and then she'll stop and try to lick her back. That would make perfect sense because she can't reach that area in the middle of her back and the fleas probably know that.
Time to get rid of those pesky fleas.