Cat has red bubble/swelling on gums

mrfairy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is eating very well however, in fact her appetite is still as huge as always. I'm going to bring her to the vet next week anyway but would like to know what this could be. Thanks!
IMG_20200901_171012.jpg

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's some sort of ulcer from biting something or from taking an injury to the mouth, possibly during a fight or, maybe by chewing on something she shouldn't have.

Notice, there's a small sore on her lower gums, too. There's probably an infection, as well.

I'm not an expert but I know enough to know that it's time to call your vet.

Good call on your part! :)

Let us know what the vet says!

Prayers and best wishes!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I agree it is some type of lesion possibly caused by inflammation or a granuloma. She definitely needs veterinary treatment so I'm glad you will be going next week. Please keep us posted on her progress. :alright:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrfairy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I agree it is some type of lesion possibly caused by inflammation or a granuloma. She definitely needs veterinary treatment so I'm glad you will be going next week. Please keep us posted on her progress. :alright:
Yeah I have a feeling it could be a granuloma-- I just noticed that she likely also has a fungal infection (she is longhaired so I only realised it when I was bathing her earlier), which might be what triggered the reaction. Will bring her to the vet tomorrow as fungus is notorious for spreading quickly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrfairy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all, the vet gave her a shot of antibiotics for her mouth and medicine for her fungal infection. It's been 6 days now and the bubble looks like this. I'm not sure how long antibiotics take to work completely.

It might just be my worrying mind but does it look better to you guys?
IMG_20200908_211619.jpg