Cat Has Minor Case of Ringworm. Need Some Advice!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
eesh! .. .. there's no laundromat near you so you could get the clothes you were trying to wash done? Maybe obtain a couple of big tubs? lots of hangers and clothespins?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xkappax

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think I'm going to try to take the stuff to my dad's apartment if we can't get it fixed, my dad and my husband are currently at the appliance store looking for a new one. When it rains, it pours, lol. The door got stuck in the locked position and they had to take the door apart to get the clothes out.

xkappax

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This whole thing has been a comedy of errors. The original cat who gave me cat the ringworm is also currently very ill (he's my neighbor's cat), so we've got that worry on top of everything else. I know it will pass, but it seems like this is all going to take an eternity!

profcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ringworm is self-limiting so eventually it really does go away on it's own. I dealt with a major outbreak years ago when I rescued a litter of kittens (no good deed goes unpunished). We did wash everything we could (but we didn't go crazy) and use cream on any spots on our cats. Our cats never got it that badly. But the worst was that I got it badly on my wrists. It looked so terrible I had to bandage them to keep from spreading it myself and then they took forever to heal. I suggest you get yourself some anti-fungal shower soap and also body powder (we got both online) and use that to keep yourself from getting it.

Don't worry too much. It really does go away eventually!

xkappax

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for your reply. I have been washing myself with head and shoulders actually, which has anti fungal properties. I've also been wearing gloves when cleaning. The cat has a tiny dot on his nose, I'm going way overboard with this and I know I am. I'm a bit of a germophobe with OCD, so this is going to be a "fun" week for me while I'm obsessively washing everything way more than I probably have to. I'm doing the best I can and hoping for the best. I made the mistake of reading about it on the internet and the internet makes ringworm seem supernatural and hopeless, but I know it's not.