Cat Has Hard Stomach

desert82

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm not new here just to this thread. Hopefully this is in the right spot. So I have a 1 year old cat that was a stray that we took in last December and and has been indoor since March, she had kittens in.March and all has been well. I just started to notice that her tummy seems kinda hard. The kittens still nurse once in a while but not very often. She eats well and has been no change in how she acts. I have noticed it firm for a few weeks. She has been spayed as well and all of them did have worms that we recently got rid of. Does anyone have any ideas on what could cause a firm tummy with no other symptoms at all? Thank you

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Could she be constipated? How is she acting? Everything normal? It's really hard to say what it could be, but my first inclination would be constipation.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

desert82

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's eating and pooping normal, she's never been a really playfull kitty with people but she does chase the babies around from time to time. Other than.the hard stomach she acts just like normal.

desert82

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It feels almost identical to how it felt when she was pregnant but she is indoor and spayed and she was spayed when the kittens were about 10 weeks old.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Can you take her to the vet? Something like gastroenteritis could cause bloating.

kittielover123

R.I.P Moneybags 1992-2017 You will be missed
Kitten
Purraise
Although this is a extremely rare case...
your cat may be pregnant again. Check for signs of pregnancy, or visit your vet.

desert82

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the replies. Yes I can take her it will just have to be on payday in like 8 days. It's been like this a while. As far as being pregnant she doesn't step foot out at all and our adult male cat is fixed. We do have her 2 male kittens but I'm with them daily and have not once seen them doing anything of that nature. I guess a vet visit will probably have to be done as soon as I get paid.