Cat has button that makes him lick

fluffyrexxy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay it's not literally a button, but there's a certain place where if you scratch it he will start licking whatever is in front of him and sometimes love biting too. he doesn't scratch or bite aggressively or try to stop you from scratching it so I guess he likes it.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Feeby (15+ yo) when petted or scratched on her back end near her tail (she also likes what I call 'butt pats') will almost always start licking her paws, or me if she is on my lap. If I continue for a while, she will also do a little nipping either on herself or me. I know she likes it, as she actually backs up to me so that I will pet/scratch/butt pat her there. So I have never worried about that aspect. I think she might either have a very mild form of hyperesthesia or is just super sensitive (not in a bad way) in that area of her body. Brushing that area also results in the same reaction from her.

Last edited:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Yes, that's what I was thinking. There's a large concentration of nerves around the base of the tail. If I scratch Sundar there he waves his head around quite oddly and once went to nip me (which is something he never does). It's an over-stimulation response.

HUDSONPAT

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Recently I changed litter brands, due to economy. If I stroke his back, ever so lightly, he licks the air, wildly and turns his head to nip me. Completely new behavior. Should I go back to prior litter brand?