Cat Has Broken Femur

Syfer1324

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I went to the vet cause my cat came home injured with a broken leg. They said the femur is broken in 2 places and they can't cast it and he'd have to have it amputated, wait to see if it heals, or get metal plates on his femur.

Well I kept him home and he gets around good I had him inside for a week and a half and he climbs the chair, chases toys, runs around, climbs stuff, climbs trees, runs but idk what to do. He stands and walks on it but when he sits on it it bends sideways a little bit and I'm sketched out. I know he wouldn't like surgery and shit but I don't want him to be ****ed for life.

I also heard that the plates can cause pain or they can cause pain way later in life and he gets around fine now and I'm scared of surgery going wrong or sething I don't even want to hand my cat over to a facility and shit he has anxiety. They told me that it would be like 3k+ for the surgery (I don't care I made that much in a month alone) but my sales are online and it's all in a PayPal account and I'm waiting to get an id to get the money.

My parents called a place and we live in the middle of nowhere and they're all like 2 hours away and my parents don't care about anything or have any money and I have no car. Idk what to do. I just want what's best for my cat I don't care about my money and shit I just want him to have a good life. The place my parents called and said the surgery place would only take cash upfront I think that's ****ing insane and it sounds like a lie to me. There's no way that the place charges 3-5k cash up front in hand only.

My mom says that they would have to rebreak his leg to do surgery and put it in place with the plates now. I have no clue what to do everything is like 5 hours. I don't trust these country vets the vet I brought him too didn't seem to really care much about anything just said "aww poor cat" rushed it and pushed an amputation on me. I have a check for like 3-4K coming in the mail but I'm waiting on it still and I don't trust my parents I have like 0 resources in the middle of nowhere literally hours from civilization in every direction with no car no one to help or any support whatsoever

DeweytheLion

The Biggest Smallest Kitten
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's important that you do what you think is best. After all, that is your cat, and you know him the best.
Amputation should be a last resort, unless infection is involved or if he can't use his leg at all. But if he can walk and play fine, then there really is no need. He could be just fine for the rest of his life.
I suggest you get online and get in contact with local vet clinics yourself. There can be misunderstandings when the message is just passed along. Getting pins/plates to correct his bones is the obvious choice, but not if you don't trust the clinic who would be doing it.
As for transportation, modern technology has blessed us with Uber. I'm sure someone in your area has it, and you can hook it up to your PayPal. They might even take you hours to civilization.