Cat has been ran over

Catmam2OceanBlue

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My friends cat luna has been ran over tonight and she can't see a vet until the morning.. is there any hope with any broken bones they will help her and not put her down? The cat has damaged her back end her pelvis and legs are sore so no doubt broken and she cries when touched. Has anyone any experience with this and what might happen at the vets will they treat broken bones and help this poor kitty?

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No vet would euthanize without explicit permission from the owner.

Broken bones can be fixed most of the time with surgery. It will be the Owner's decision whether or not they are willing to go through not only the cost but the aftercare as well.

A cat that has been ran over surely needs immediate medical assistance. I would tell your friend to go to the ER sooner than later. It is cruel and inhumane to make the cat wait until morning.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Catmam2OceanBlue

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No vet would euthanize without explicit permission from the owner.

Broken bones can be fixed most of the time with surgery. It will be the Owner's decision whether or not they are willing to go through not only the cost but the aftercare as well.

A cat that has been ran over surely needs immediate medical assistance. I would tell your friend to go to the ER sooner than later. It is cruel and inhumane to make the cat wait until morning.
I completely agree it's purely down to cost she cannot afford to pay for a vets so needs to take her cat to a charity run vets in the morning that will offer treatment at an affordable cost. She has been told it could be just bruising and to just watch her cat closely overnight but she is very stressed and would love to get her cat seen soon as possible. She took this cat in from a previous owner who unfortunately had no pet insurance so she's struggling. I'm happy to hear they will treat any broken bones and not put her down at first instance that will give her hope. I would worry any break could cause a bleed if its a bad one so I agree it's no good to leave it but unfortunately no vets will offer a pay later scheme where we are so the charity is the only option currently