Cat Harness: Test 1 - fail!

marc999

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Haha, so I just put on the 'H' style harness and walked my cat around inside with the leash.  He was hunched very low, squirmed very quickly and got out of it within seconds.

Apparently it's not tight enough and yet it feels snug...  Hmm.  I just wanted to let him sit outside and get some fresh air, apparently not yet. 

Edit - now he's hiding under the bed.  I just lost 1-2 hours of trust ;) 

Edit 1.1 - scratch that, it was on the most loose position. No wonder.  

I have it on him again, he's eating his dinner and hopefully will associate the harness with food / pleasure. I'll take it off again in 1/2 hour. Do that for a few weeks maybe, baby steps. 

What's the most effective style of harness? 

Last edited:

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
LOL at the image of him squirming out in seconds. I have heard very good reviews for the Kitty Holster.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marc999

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi MServant - nifty practical product there.  I'll have a search for a supplier.  

It appears to be called Karlie Safety Harness. 

murr7maggiom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I use the Kitty Holster that fastens with Velcro. Maggie walks on a leash with no attempts to wriggle out. Murray has to be watched very closely. He can back his way out of it. The Kitty Holster comes with good instructions about training your cat to a leash. You can get it in several colors and monogrammed with their name. The only thing I don't like is the noise Velcro makes when you unfasten it.