Cat Got Attacked, Will She Heal Ok?

OurCatlove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Courage, my 3 and a half month kitten got bitten/attacked by a stray cat. And while no wounds were visible she got so sick and threw out thrice the next day. She was on fever too. However as she recovered and went back to her normal self we noticed a scab on the back. It is around two inch long and an inch and a half wide. It has become so hard and it feels it will fall off any moment. When we took her to the vet, it burst and it went messy with all the puss. It has been two days since that and the crack is drying up. I wish to know, apart from applying the creams i have been given for her, would her wound know close or the dead skin will fall off? And Would it grow back, fur and all?

Last edited:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Now that the abcess has opened up and drained, all should eventually get back to normall. It may takes several weeks for the all of that to happen, but it should. I know when my cats have their fur shaved off for any particular reason, it's usually at least a month at least before it grows back in.

If you have any questions about what's happening in the healing process, just give your Vet a call. That's your best option, since they've actually seen the wound and know how bad it was :wink:

katlady-18

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Maybe consider having her tested for FIV/Felv in the future. Ask your vet how long you should wait after this attack to have her tested. Not saying this to scare you, but better safe than sorry. :wink:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Maybe consider having her tested for FIV/Felv in the future. Ask your vet how long you should wait after this attack to have her tested. Not saying this to scare you, but better safe than sorry. :wink:
Good idea. Silly me, I just assumed she was vaccinated. You know what they say about assuming...:wink: