Cat freaks out after eating!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ypablo01

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone, I'm very concerned right now!

My cat Isabella was eating only moments ago and out of nowhere she ran out of my bedroom! No sooner had she ran out did my brother call out to me telling me she was laying on her side with her tongue sticking out! She then proceeded to have a spasm and she rolled over to her back, paws and claws spread out! I picked her up and took her back into my room and she just lay on top of me looking scared and she didn't get off for about 10 minutes and she then acted as if nothing had happened but I noticed her heart rate has quickened! I was wondering if I should be concerned or just take it as one of the things cat do.

Thank you kindly!

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
How scary for you both! I would defiantly call my vet and see what they think. I would want my kitty to be checked as this is something that isn't "normal".

luna tuna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Have you changed what you've been feeding her? Are there any other environmental changes?

This seems like something to be concerned about to me. I would call the vet

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ypablo01

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How scary for you both! I would defiantly call my vet and see what they think. I would want my kitty to be checked as this is something that isn't "normal".

Have you changed what you've been feeding her? Are there any other environmental changes?

This seems like something to be concerned about to me. I would call the vet

I would call the vet too.

This doesn't seem like normal behaviour, I would get her to a vet
thank you all for the help but sadly my baby passed away almost as soon as I had posted. I would appreciate it if you all wished her well in kitty heaven

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh No! I'm so sorry. RIP sweet kitty

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh dear.  I'm sorry to hear this.  It sounds similar to how one of my kitties passed years ago.  In her case; we knew she had a murmur.  We rushed her to the vet but it was no use. They believe she had a heart attack or some kind of heart failure.  Sometimes these things happen with little to no warning at all. 

Per TCS policy; I am going to lock this thread for replies now.  I am so sorry for your loss. 

Status
Not open for further replies.