Cat Food Grinder

pikathecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello!
My cat had all of her teeth removed and prefers dry food. Any suggestions on how to grind up her food easily? Does anyone have the same problem? Would anyone benefit from a product specifically for grinding up dry pet food?
Any input would be great.
Thanks!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
This article says that most cats can eat kibble post extraction without problems: Can Cats Manage Without Their Teeth?

So, you might not need to grind the food. What does your vet say? If they recommend grinding the food, I think it should work in just a regular blender or food processor.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pikathecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This article says that most cats can eat kibble post extraction without problems: Can Cats Manage Without Their Teeth?

So, you might not need to grind the food. What does your vet say? If they recommend grinding the food, I think it should work in just a regular blender or food processor.
Thank you! I forgot to mention that she would eat whole kibbles but was vomiting them up whole after eating so I decided to crush the food and she has been doing much better. Just looking for an easier way to get it into smaller pieces!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you! I forgot to mention that she would eat whole kibbles but was vomiting them up whole after eating so I decided to crush the food and she has been doing much better. Just looking for an easier way to get it into smaller pieces!
A spice grinder might work.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A food processor works fine for coarse chopping. If you want it completely pulverized, a coffee grinder will do it. But licking up kibble dust probably isn't her favorite thing ;).