cat fight and how do i treat his injury..

oboon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oboon is 2 years old male cat, he hasn't been neutered (I know i should have it done earlier) and he likes to go outside from morning till afternoon and he always came back for his meal... he did fight with other cats when he was 1 year old and it stop a few month later until now it happened again. his eyes is closed with this white membrane yesterday and a little bit red.. and today he came back with a lot of scratch injury on his head.. he ate a little and now he won't touch his food.. he doesn't even let me touch him... vet is closed today and need to call them tomorrow.. so what should i do until then?

this is a pic of his eyes:

i use eyedrops to make it back to normal:

what do i do now? at least for first aid.. help.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, do not let him back out.  He will be at the mercy of other cats and he is injured.

It is hard to tell injuries from the pictures.  But if there is an emergency vet, call them.

And please, get him neutered.  Unless you want your cat beat up for the rest of his life and the father of many unwanted kittens...if he isn't already, get him in.  It isn't fair this is happening to him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oboon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thank you.. i will as soon as possible..

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Go to your vet as soon as you can and do two things.  Get him examined as he may have an abscess, and make an appointment to get him neutered.

If the vet finds an abscess he will need antibiotics, and it will need bathing every day for a few days.  It has to heal from the bottom - if it closes over too early another one develops.  Sometimes they burst and the cat seems better until it closes to early and they develop another one.

cailea

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Vet, without a doubt!

Had a similar issue where the 3rd eyelid closed over, was Horners syndrome but get the feeling it is more likely an infection. I believe the 3rd eyelid moves over for protection in cats.

Perhaps there is an emergency 24 hr vet if you are in a city.

Let us know how it goes!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oboon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thank you.. i will as soon as possible.. nothing like 24 hr vet in my city.. its hard to get a vet and the vet usually just treat it carelessly.. but i still have to for Oboon's sake.. i hope nothing serious.