Cat Fencing

ameobia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone, I'm new to the site, but I've struggled with keeping my pet cats in the yard for a while.  I put up a six-foot wooden fence, and they climbed it.  I was leery of trying anything on top of the fence, because of the sheer cost of the Purrfect Fence for preexisting fences, and the installation costs, on top of it.  Then, somewhere on this site, I found catfencein.com, and it was 100 dollars less per 100 feet than Purrfect Fence for wooden fences.  I got the entire back yard fence covered with the petfencein fencing and I have been so pleased with it!!!  The cats don't try to jump over it or climb up over it, and don't try to escape.  They tried to climb at first, but to no avail.  The installation was not hard, and it only cost me a dinner and some gift cards for my brother and my son to install.  We also addressed the gaps at the bottom of the wooden fence with chicken wire.  I was not happy with that look, but it beats having the cats go off my property and all the trouble that causes.  The people at catfencein gave me a customer reference and I went to look at their installation and ask for tips and tricks. What I love most is to be out in the yard with that cats!  We sit on the patio and bask in the sun, and they just love it.  I am so glad they are able to follow me outside when I do yard work.  Now they spend more of their time outside catching bugs or just sleeping on the lawn furniture.  To me, that is heaven.  I got the version they call the "Combo" that has an arm that comes up over the fence to prevent other outside cats from coming in.  Like I said, it works!!  We are happy and if anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM me.  I love all 12 of my kitties.