Cat fence

newf93

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have five 15 week old kittens, plus two adult cats. The two adult cats stay outside for the most part, but tend to stay in our yard and stay out of trouble. However, the one time I let the kittens outside, they all ran off for days, and got into our neighbours yard and decided to snack on some birds they had in their yard. But they wreak havoc inside the house, so I need to find a way that I can keep them outside, yet not have them become nuisances to our neighbours. I ordered one of those in ground fences last week, but had one fellow cat lover tell me that she didn't think they worked. Does anyone on here use one? If so, does it work well. If not, let me know of some other way I can contain these wild kitties. Thank you in advance for any help you could give me!

fosterkitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
cat fences are not foolproof. A kitten will find a way to get out of it. Kittens are kittens, they cause trouble. Confine them to a room, play with them, kitten proof your house. I have had up to 12 cats in myhouse at one time, my 6 plus up to 6 kittens, and my house is still standing. None of mine go outside.

pee-cleaner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've had Affordable Cat Fencing www.catfence.com in place since January with no escapes and no attempts to escape past the first day. I love it and so do my 3 kitties. Keeps "stranger cats" out as well!

Cally

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Don't forget http://www.purrfectfence.com/ - they have been sponsors of TheCatSite.com for a while now! If you have any questions or comments, you can always contact them and ask