Cat Fell On Back

LovelyStyle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
HI everyone,

My cat fell on his back from a bed with only a foundation piece and mattress (short fall, which I heard but did not see). She landed on concrete. However, she jumped back up after a few moments and doesn't seem to be in pain when I touch it. But it was concrete! Emergency vet visit? I feel so bad. Please give me some feedback and advise. Thank you.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
After almost 24 hours, if everything seems normal (eating, drinking, movements, play), she is almost certainly fine. It is very rare for short falls to really hurt a cat, even onto concrete. She'd only have issues if she landed "funny." But they are terrifying to us, aren't they?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LovelyStyle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
After almost 24 hours, if everything seems normal (eating, drinking, movements, play), she is almost certainly fine. It is very rare for short falls to really hurt a cat, even onto concrete. She'd only have issues if she landed "funny." But they are terrifying to us, aren't they?
Can I ask what you meant by "if she landed funny"

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Twisted badly or on top of something that could impact her spine, such as a box with a hard edge.