Cat Feeding

furbabyAudi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I was wondering how much you feed your furbabys! ☺ (I’m not asking for advice, just curious to hear people share)
I have a 4 month old kitten Audi. I feed her 5.5oz of wet food split into 2 meals, and I free feed her dry food. I give her treats when she lets me clean her eyes, plays fetch with me, etc.

tuffsmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi also. My Tuff is almost 3. He gets 2 cans(3 oz.) daily--6:30 morning and 3:30 afternoon. Then 1 tsp dry for bedtime snack. His weight holds steady at 10 lbs. Wet is Fancy Feast and dry is Fromms.

MissMolly08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat, Molly is almost 10 years old. She gets one 5.5oz can of wet food per day, split into 2 meals (9am and 9pm). No dry. A few greenies treats only when she has a good play session or lets me trim her nails/weigh her.

Gizmobius

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My boy Gizmo is a year old and a healthy 13lbs so he gets 7oz of homemade raw food a day. He tells me when he’s hungry so I feed him when he wants but he’s restricted to that 7oz! Stevie is a kitten and about 7months old and she gets as much dry as she wants. I’m desperately trying to switch her to canned but she’s not having it so dry is what she gets for now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

furbabyAudi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My boy Gizmo is a year old and a healthy 13lbs so he gets 7oz of homemade raw food a day. He tells me when he’s hungry so I feed him when he wants but he’s restricted to that 7oz! Stevie is a kitten and about 7months old and she gets as much dry as she wants. I’m desperately trying to switch her to canned but she’s not having it so dry is what she gets for now.
My kitty is the opposite haha. She’s all about the canned food, and doesn’t really care much for the dry. She will occasionally eat it between meals though, so during the day or in the middle of the night.

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yue and Amalie share a dish. They get up to 1/4 cup of dry food per day and a 5.5 oz can per day, or equivalent, whatever we're profiling for the month. They are 19.75 lbs of cat.

Tommy gets homemade raw and is 13.5 lbs, so he eats 5.5 oz per day right now.
Stewart is 13 lbs and has trouble with his weight currently. He's supposed to be 12 lbs and is eating 4 oz per day of the same food. He's not losing any weight, but it's kept him from continuing to gain.

Gizmobius

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tommy gets homemade raw and is 13.5 lbs, so he eats 5.5 oz per day right now.
Stewart is 13 lbs and has trouble with his weight currently. He's supposed to be 12 lbs and is eating 4 oz per day of the same food. He's not losing any weight, but it's kept him from continuing to gain.
This thread is going to be very interesting to me since my Gizmo and your Tommy aren't that far away in weight but Giz can pack away another 1.5oz of raw and still maintain his weight. I wonder if metabolism differs in cats just like it does in people!

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This thread is going to be very interesting to me since my Gizmo and your Tommy aren't that far away in weight but Giz can pack away another 1.5oz of raw and still maintain his weight. I wonder if metabolism differs in cats just like it does in people!
Probably so. He's now middle aged, and in our mix Dr Pierson said to go ahead and use all the poultry skins. I used egg yolks the first time I made it and it ended up being way too many calories. Stewart used to be able to eat 5 oz and hold his weight just fine, but he's just turned 6, so I imagine he's going through some changes.

PMousse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My Ashton is 8 months old. I haven't weighed her recently but when she was 7 months ago she weighed 7 lbs and is heavier now but doesn't look fat. I feed her 8oz of wet food and 1/4 cup dry daily.

EmmiTemmi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Colby and Monty are 9 months old and usually get 2 3oz cans of FF and 2 oz of homemade raw each in 2-3 meals throughout the day. Sometimes if I'm out of the raw or forgot to thaw some they'll get equivalent calories of dry (Simply Nourish).

Other days if I have too much raw thawing they'll only get 1 can of FF and then 5-8oz of raw, depending on how hungry they are and what the meat base of the raw is.

Their weight gain has slowed down recently. Monty's at 10.5lbs, Colby's at 9.5lbs.

oonawingedwolf

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Right now my two babies get 2/3 cup of Meow mix dry each day split in two meals. I'm ordering better food next week. Sylvestre weighs 11 lbs and Jazzy weighs 8 lbs.

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boy is almost 9 months, weighs 13 pounds and eats roughly 11 ounces of wet food a day (~400 calories).

qissycat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My two kittens (4-6 months) get split 300g of raw food a day, spread over 3 meals. They also get about a table spoon of dry each while I'm away at work. A couple of treats at night while playing - Orijen freeze-dried. They weigh about 2-2.5kg.

Ladysnuggable

Mother of Cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
My babies are all kittens still between 3-6 months they all get 1 3-oz can of wet a day split up between two meals one in morning and one at night. supplemented by a 1/3rd scoop of dry food each most of the dry food is left to eat throughout the day/night

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Demi & Maggie are 3 1/2 years old. Demi is 12 pounds. Maggie is 10 pounds. They each get 1/2 cup of canned food per day and they each get 1/8 cup filled up 3 times with dry food per day. I guess that would equal a little over 1/3 cup of dry food each. All of that is split up into 3 meals right now, but lately they like to sleep at lunch time and aren't always interested in eating. So I might just take the same amount and split it into 2 meals per day.

PMousse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Demi & Maggie are 3 1/2 years old. Demi is 12 pounds. Maggie is 10 pounds. They each get 1/2 cup of canned food per day and they each get 1/8 cup filled up 3 times with dry food per day. I guess that would equal a little over 1/3 cup of dry food each. All of that is split up into 3 meals right now, but lately they like to sleep at lunch time and aren't always interested in eating. So I might just take the same amount and split it into 2 meals per day.
Just curious how big are the wet cans you feed them? And how much does it amount to per day per cat?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cans are 5.5oz. They each get about 1/2 cup canned food per day spread out in 3 meals. But if I go to 2 meals a day, I will give them each 1/4 cup twice a day. So they are getting a little under a cup of food total each per day counting the dry food.

xcourtney3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cats are 8 years old, 13lbs and 15lbs, and they get one 5.5 oz can each, with a little bit of dry as treats when I give one of my cats his medicine

oonawingedwolf

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I upgraded my cats dry and got them started on canned with the goal to work over to all canned. For now they get dry in the morning and wet in the evening. So far so good. Also this way I waste less money finding flavors they like I hope. (fingers crossed)