Cat Feeder to stop one cat eating all the food!

pam10144

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all. Not sure if this belongs in Nutrition or Behavior, but I thought I would try here. I have two cats and both are completely different eaters. The youngster is a complete pig and will eat everything you put in front of him in one sitting. My delicate girl likes to graze. During the day it is not so bad, as we can separate them while eating and intervene. But night is HORRIBLE. Poor Penny is starving and waking us up mulitple times since we cannot FORCE her to eat before we go to bed. I have been searching automatic pet feeders that are chipped to one animal. I was hoping someone had experience. The one that seemed most likely for her is the SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder. But I would love to hear from someone who might have had success or failure or has another option. I really don't want to separate them at night and force one to the basement. Looking for any and ALL suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the same problem. I have to lock one of my cats out of my bedroom and have a feeder for her and my other cat is in my bedroom with a feeder If locking one out does not work I set my alarm for 6 a.m. and watch them eat then go back to bed and get up at 9 a.m.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have the same problem and have the surefeed! My girl was a bit skittish and it took her a few weeks to be trained to use it (the first two steps, eat from the feeder, and it moving ever so slightly were the hardest. Once she got used to that, she had no trouble with the other steps). I no longer worry about her getting enough to eat.

I want to mention that a couple months ago, there was a problem with the motor and it was sticking and not closing all the way. I'd had it about 2.5 years. I opened a tech ticket with them hoping to maybe get some troubleshooting ideas, or a part I could buy, and they sent me a whole new feeder as I was still under the three year warranty. So amazing customer service!