Cat Eye Problems

sparkymema

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Trying to figure out what is wrong with my cats eye. The upper left, upper right and the underpart of her eyelid are puffy. They aren't red or anything like that, just generating a lot of discharge. I didn't see her fighting with any of my other cats, so I don't think anything happened to her. I talked with the 24/7 pet emergency office and they told me I could wait until tomorrow to take her into my local vet. Just curious if anyone has any ideas on what it could be. Her diet also hasn't changed at all.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If it's clear discharge, it could well be allergies to dust or seasonal weather changes. If it's discolored discharge (yellow or green or reddish), then it could be conjunctivitis. Is she rubbing her eyes or have any other symptoms such as sneezing?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sparkymema

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She tries grooming her face more often but she isn't wheezing or anything like that. She's eating normal and going to the bathroom still. It's mostly just in one of her eyes is where it's all puffy. I'll be able to take her into the vet in about 12 hours from now, just trying to get an idea about what it could be. Nothing really has changed for her lately.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sparkymema

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just an update.

Took her to the vet and everything was fine. Everything cleared up on it's own. Used the visit to get her shots all taken care of at least.