Cat Eye Problem.

sparkymema

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Haven't needed to post anything in a while. But my question is should I get my cat checked out for this problem with their eye? I was just working at my computer and I looked down and my bigger cat has been squinting and having a bunch of drainage. I took my fingers and opened and closed his eyelid a bunch to get anything out, then I took some cold water on a clean rag and tried cleaning it a bit. When I worked at a shelter they always had us wait like a day or two to see if it clears up. But It's been many years since then, and I'm just wondering if I should take him in right away or wait a day or two to see if it clears up. Just unemployed atm so trying to avoid extra expenses if I can.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would do a vet visit. One of my cats developed a squinty oozy eye overnight recently that turned out to be a scratched cornea. He was put on eye ointment and antibiotics.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sparkymema

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He's actually looking a lot better. I found a piece of fur in the corner of his eye and now he doesn't have any more discharge or squinting. I'll just wait and see if anything happens by tomorrow morning. Looks normal again for now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sparkymema

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to give another last update. IT's been about 24 hours since it happened. He's back to being 100% If I notice anything I'm taking him to the vet right away, but for now he's back to being his goofy fat self