Cat Eye Is Watering

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are just so many things that this could be. Namely, he could have a cold or he could have gotten into something that irritated his eye. I suspect it's the former, though, because his eye doesn't at all look damaged in your photographs.

Please, please, please consider bringing him indoors and making him an indoor only cat. Yes, he would hate it at first but in a month's time he'd be used to it, and it would most likely save or lengthen his life dramatically.

babiesmom5

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think you should take your cat to a vet to examine the eye. Cats eyes water for a variety of reasons; it could be an infection, a scratch, an irritant, an allergy, something in it etc. A vet will look at they eye closely with a special light to make sure there is no scratch on the eye lens and to determine the cause of the watering and how to treat it if need be.

Sometimes when cats eyes are irritated, they tend to rub it with their paws. This sometimes causes infection to start. Then the eye becomes red, inflamed, waters more, gets worse. I would let a vet examine your cat's eye and make a determination.

Yes, please do consider making your cat indoors only. This step alone will help prevent future eye problems, other health issues and lengthen his life significantly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cookie1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you guys! <3

Topherius

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've only had cats with runny eye(s) if they have a respiratory infection. Sometimes its accompanied with a stuffy nose and sneezing. If its clear, I would point my finger at that. I still brought mine in and got a good immune system booster paste sort of stuff (tastes like maple) and an antibiotic, depending on the severity.