Cat Erections In Sleep

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
one of my cats is about 5 to 6 months old and lately hes been getting erections like crazy lately like a teenage boy and soaks himself i keep trying to wake him up and do things to try to discourage it

i first noticed it when 1 of my 8 week old kittens i have started to suck him like he was his mother the boy would lay back and embrace it i stoped it from happening as i saw he was getting a bit to excited by this lol i thought cats didnt receive pleasure like humans and only are sexual for reproducing only

anyways is this normal for a cat at his young age?

Tashanasha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
one of my cats is about 5 to 6 months old and lately hes been getting erections like crazy lately like a teenage boy and soaks himself i keep trying to wake him up and do things to try to discourage it

i first noticed it when 1 of my 8 week old kittens i have started to suck him like he was his mother the boy would lay back and embrace it i stoped it from happening as i saw he was getting a bit to excited by this lol i thought cats didnt receive pleasure like humans and only are sexual for reproducing only

anyways is this normal for a cat at his young age?
Well, he is a teenager after all :D I don't think there is much you can do to make him stop doing that since it's quite involuntary behavior (and normal too).

Have you considered having him neutered? He's obviously going into puberty, so he'll be starting with the spraying soon too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i was to
Well, he is a teenager after all :D I don't think there is much you can do to make him stop doing that since it's quite involuntary behavior (and normal too).

Have you considered having him neutered? He's obviously going into puberty, so he'll be starting with the spraying soon too.
ld last time i got a cat fixed that they have to be 6 months old hes close to it but iv never had a cat do this and iv probably had around 40 cats in my lifetime find it a bit odd his brother doesnt do it

5starcathotel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Neuter him....asap. Unless you enjoy things smelling like cat spray/urine. And cats can be safely neutered / spayed at 4 or even 3 months (it mostly depends on their size / weight )

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
They can be neutered as soon as they weigh more than 1 kilo. Just tell the clinic he's over six months if they ask. He needs to be fixed ASAP before he starts spraying and fighting and costing you a fortune in vet bills.

Tashanasha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i was to

ld last time i got a cat fixed that they have to be 6 months old hes close to it but iv never had a cat do this and iv probably had around 40 cats in my lifetime find it a bit odd his brother doesnt do it
I had one that even had very adult dreams that he acted out... :D

I had mine neutered when he was exactly 5 months old. It's even recommended to do it earlier, since they recover faster.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd say he's pretty mature if he's having wet dreams ;). So, yeah, tell the clinic he's 6 months old if they won't do it before that. Some early bloomers also start spraying early and you want to prevent that as much as possible.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It could be a UTI. Does he eat a lot of dry food? Maybe try increasing his canned food.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you switch to at least half canned food? It might help.