Cat Eating Eggs

Ashouldnt

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I’ve been extremely busy this last week and it completely slipped my mind to buy some cat food. I’m not able to go out to get any.

They have eaten this morning but I was wondering what I could feed them tonight and in the morning until I can get food for them?

I have eggs, which I’m unsure if they are okay to eat.

I have some chicken though it is grilled and very salty.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Do you have a can of tuna or sardines? Those can be well rinsed and are a passable substitute in a crunch. Since you are looking at just a day it doesn't make as big of an impact to feed something that isn't the best choice.

Otherwise, I'd go with the chicken. Just peel off any skin and rinse it to try to remove some of the salt if at all possible. Don't use it if there was any garlic or onion used to season it. The eggs will work just do a plain cooking with no seasoning or cooking spray. I'd probably hard boil to keep it as unaltered as possible and mash it up, then mix with a little of the chicken (assuming it doesn't have onion or garlic seasoning) if you want to make sure you have enough for the day.

Neither has the right nutrition for a long term diet, but a day won't cause harm.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ashouldnt

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do you have a can of tuna or sardines? Those can be well rinsed and are a passable substitute in a crunch. Since you are looking at just a day it doesn't make as big of an impact to feed something that isn't the best choice.

Otherwise, I'd go with the chicken. Just peel off any skin and rinse it to try to remove some of the salt if at all possible. Don't use it if there was any garlic or onion used to season it. The eggs will work just do a plain cooking with no seasoning or cooking spray. I'd probably hard boil to keep it as unaltered as possible and mash it up, then mix with a little of the chicken (assuming it doesn't have onion or garlic seasoning) if you want to make sure you have enough for the day.

Neither has the right nutrition for a long term diet, but a day won't cause harm.
Thank you, I didn’t even think of tuna since I don’t eat it but I do have a can in the fridge.

Thanks a lot