Cat Drooling After Cleaning

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
"fingers crossed" hopefully he will get better soon and that he heals quickly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amanda702

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The vet was happy with his progress today. She said his tongue is healing and he looks and smells better. And extra good news -- This afternoon my husband and I watched him drink water on his own for about 10-15 minutes straight. He had to put his chin in the dish but he figured it out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amanda702

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Can anyone offer me any tips on syringe feeding? I'm struggling to get him to eat the amount the vet wants him to. He never has been a big eater and in a typical day he would eat a little dry food and a half portion of Sheba wet food. The vet wants him to eat at least half of a can of the high calorie food each day. The cans are fairly large compared to what he usually eats. He's starting to fight me again when I syringe feed him. He can eat on his own --when he wants to -- but he needs to pack on some of the weight he's lost.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You may have to resort to the purrito, wrapping him in a towel with just his head out. I hope not, but as a last resort, it will allow you to get the food in him, and put you firmly on his Naughty List for the foreseeable future!