Cat dreadlocks

pamela diaz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! I have three cats, one of them has thin soft hair and gets dreads from time to time and then they fall out on their own when we brush her. But lately she has got a huge amount of dreadlocks near the tale, we have tried to brush her and she screams and gets angry when we brush near the dreads, is there a way to get ride of them?, should we change foods?

Thanks! 

samantha b

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
uh oh, we may have the same problem....

scroll down to: CAT WINGS, it has six replies....about ten posts down from yours.

Actually, I wonder if it does not bother them, do we really have to do anything about them.

Does not seem to hurt them unless I pull, but of course that also pulls on their skin so, yes, they would meow 

for us to stop pulling their hair :)

MOD NOTE:  See this thread:  http://www.thecatsite.com/t/321343/cat-wings-or-hair-tightly-wrapped-around-it-self

Last edited by a moderator:

samantha b

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Pamela, it's the cat daddy again :)

Boy oh boy, the vet just left and Samantha was really happy to see him go.

She had six Wings on either side back by her tail.

The Vet used a FurMinator which can be bought online.

He held her down by grabbing fur and skin at her neck so she would not be able to bite him. She certainly did hisssss and growl at him.

Then he used the FurMinator and EVERY ONE OF THE FUR WINGS came out. He did have to gently dig in with FurMinator and pull.

Yes, she was not happy with that but not I know what to do and it should not be to bad in the future.

He said it was because she was not cleaning herself properly.

Suggested if she does not like baths, then get a wet wash. Rub it in then dry her.

ALSO, use the FurMinator about once a week to get out the UNDERCOAT of fur she might not be able to get out herself.

She looks so much better and she does not hate me :)

Sure hope this helps.