Cat Doesn't Seem To Like New Litter

Momto3newkittens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey All,

I just switched from Boxie cat gently scented to World's Best multi-cat litter three days ago. My male cat doesn't seem to have a problem, but my female cat will walk between the two boxes but not do anything. She pretty much goes poop around the same times every day, but she doesn't seem to want to poop with this litter. She is also licking her paws a bunch after just walking in the boxes, she didn't do that before. Should I give it a few more days or should I just go back to Boxie cat? Thanks for any advice in advance :)

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Good idea to keep one box of the old litter and one with the new. That's the way I always introduce a new litter to my cats. I have one cat who absolutely refuses to use World's Best. I don't know if it's the texture or what. I thought at one time that she might be allergic to corn, but allergy testing says no.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Momto3newkittens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's a really good idea! I'll go grab a bag of the Boxie cat today and give it a try. Thanks a bunch :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Momto3newkittens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The pet store I went to was out of Boxie cat so I decided to try Dr. Elsey's Touch of Outdoors and my girl cat went and used it within two minutes of me getting the litter box set up lol. I think we have a winner! She was happy using that one and didn't do the walk through between the two boxes like she had been with World's best. So I guess the World's best isn't the World's best in this house. Thank you for your help! (Oh, and the clumps with Touch of Outdoor are awesome! No pieces breaking off like with Boxie cat or World's best.)

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats were not fond of WBCL either, cats have their preferences :) I have used grass litter for a while now, either abound, or smart cat. My guys like both of these, if you get the urge to try another non clay litter.