cat doesn't play fair?

twobananaz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
so I have two cats, one that I have had since February this year (Saki), and the other since May of this year(Isis). When they play together, there's lot of chasing, and tackling, and smacking of heads, but when Isis gets cornered, say in a box, she hisses and hisses at Saki. Saki never tries to hit her or anything when she has Isis cornered, but still Isis hisses like she's really going to fight Saki. Saki has never done this when she has gotten cornered, or when she loses the games or wrestling matches, but Isis does. I don't get it. Maybe Isis is a sore loser? I have a feeling she was on "the streets" much longer than Saki, just based on her slight food aggression (it's gotten better over the months), and the scars on her ears. Saki has no such scarring anywhere on her gorgeous self, which leads me to believe that she wasn't a stray for very long, and had just gotten out of her original home before being picked up by the shelter. anyway, does anyone have any ideas as to why Isis hisses at Saki when cornered and Saki doesn't?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

twobananaz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I guess she could be feeling threatened, although as soon as I hear her hissing, I will call to saki to get her to stop doing that to her. And if saki tackles isis too many times, she will hiss then too.

tigganat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've never had this problem. But what's their genders?

twobananaz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They are both female, between 1 and 3 years of age. Both spayed before we got them too.

rad65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think there's anything to be alarmed about, the cat you suspect was on the street longer probably had to learn more drastic ways of getting other cats to stop messing around. With more time indoors and away from the streets, i think the hissing will go away on its own.

twobananaz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i hope so! i always feel like she's doing the whole "Mom, saki's bugging me and won't stop" thing. i picture it with a sort of whiny voice. she has gotten a lot of cuddly over time from being with us.