Cat Doesn't Play, Even Ignores Red Laser

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

explorador

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Who poisoned him, somebody outside? Poor little guy, I wonder if the poison hurt his kidneys.
We don't know. Were I live is very friendly, not ever something like that happened, there used to be cats around, some house-cats going out and back. Some argued with each other (cats) and very very rarely fought. The other cats were not castrated but were friendly, stray.

Then some huge black cat appeared out of nowhere and never seen here before, VERY aggressive, that one hurt mine, we found him inside the backyard and also managed to walk on the rooftops, I took mine to the vet because it was a delicate injury on his eyelid affecting the eye due to inflammation etc. That whole week no other cat was seen around, not the next one, etc. Some familiar house were never seen again, some appeared later.

Then the posoning happened, and at this day there are cats I never saw again. It all comes down to the huge black cat appearing around, perhaps someone targeted this cat, or perhaps some house cat got injured or died and someone wanted to get rid of the black one, or perhaps some cat hater tried to get rid of everyone. I don't know.

Mine was lucky, took some damage to the liver but the vet says we have to test from time to time to see about recovery. The kidneys are fine, all the repetitive tests show perfect recovery, it was the liver taking all the hit. That's why is still not neutered, was about to do it but something came along, then something else, and then waiting for the right moment after recovery. I might guess the cat has been so many days in closed environments, cages, etc that it has affected his need to be outside, I don't know. Thankfully there are no signs of neurological damage.

Made modifications to the house to avoid risk of people pushing food inside.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

explorador

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cat was neutered, still a headache... sure things take time, I don't mean neutering him was an instant solution just saying "still a headache". Will post a thread soon about this.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay! Glad you got him neutered. I think it takes about a month for the hormones to leave his body. I think you will see some improvement.