Cat different personality in different rooms and different stats of owner's wakefulness

AB00

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Greetings, This is not a big deal it just been bugging me for a while, we had our cat for 1 year 4 months, we had her since she was 3 months old, was spayed 1 month later at the age of 4 month old, before the spay she was okay with being a lap cat, okay with being carried around.

Since after the spaying she no longer like being a lab cat, doesn't like her head rubbed or petted unless she asks for it, which she does rarely. but when she is in my room, it's like she another cat, in my room she is okay with being a lab cat, even if I carried her and sat her on my lab, she would remain for a while (would never allow this outside the room), she would be okay with petting and all that. the house is calm, she loves everyone, oh and she sleeps on my mothers legs only when mother is sleeping, why? before bed mother would carry the cat and sit her on her lab, cat would escape dramatically like she is being confined (she's not) half an hour later, mother is a sleep and the cat would spend hours sleeping on or next to her. I'm trying to figure her out

appreciate any help

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes cats have emotional leftovers from being spayed. They were picked up at home, stuck in a carrier, taken to a scary place, then caged, handled against their wishes and then wake up feeling sore. After this they may for a while be more distrustful of being picked up or handled by owners. It just takes time for trust in their owners to resume so until then they just don’t want to get too close unless we are sleeping or at least lying down.