Cat Didn’t Poop Today?

catalinacat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My one year old cat suddenly got diarrhea for the past handful of days. I took some of it for fecal testing at the vets and they haven’t gotten back to me since they’re not open weekends. She had diarrhea yesterday too, and today she hasn’t pooped at all.

There was never a time when she didn’t have daily bowel movements even in the past when she had diarrhea, so now I’m worried. I guess I should wait longer, but not sure what to make of it.

She’s playful as usual, ate, drank, and peed as usual though.

Anybody ever experienced this with their cat? She has had no changes in her diet.
Am I worrying too much?

Last edited:

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She's is probably empty right now if she's been having regular diarrhea. As long as she is eating and behaving otherwise normally I would not stress too much until you get vet results. Hopefully they will have an answer for what is going on.

Sudden diarrhea is always scary. Anytime our fluffy ones are sick and we don't know why it is hard. Please let us know how it goes with the vet.

Last edited:

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree. Most likely there's nothing in her system to pass yet due to the diarrhea for the past day or so. As long as she continues eating and doesn't vomit any of it up, you're okay.

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, bowel is empty as others said. Probably a good sign in this case. Let’s hope the next one is nice and firm.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catalinacat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all your replies. It's the next day and she did poop (it was partially solid and partially still diarrhea). The vet said her fecal was all negative with no parasites or anything, and to call them back if there isn't improvement in the next few days, so yeah. Still not sure what caused it, but seems she is improving.

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you change her diet or give her something to eat she has never had before within the past week?

• Purraise
Reactions: GGG