Cat Diarrhea.. Again

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The weight loss is to be expected as his body has not been absorbing any of the nutrients and goodness in his food. The medication should kick in within 48/72 hours so its a waiting game until then. IMO if he had diarrhoea again after the meds are finished I would have a look at the food.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coniferously

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah, agreed. It's been a month or a little more of nonstop diarrhea AND we were feeding him quite a bit less than usual (most days only 3 oz of wet food compared to his 2/3 cup of usual dry). Plus it was wet food, not dry, so less carbs as well. I'm not SUPER worried, just bothered. He's always been a very light boy, his spine and whatnot aren't popping out or anything. I just hope he puts on a little weight. As I said, he isn't very big as it is, so any more weightloss wouldn't be ideal. But yes, a waiting game it shall be. I'll do all I can to help his recovery. And absolutely right, if it doesn't help then I suppose our next step would be prescription food, which the doctor said we would have to do in 6-8 week trials. Fingers crossed it doesn't have to come to that and we can find a speedy resolve within this medication.