Cat diagnosed with Pemphigus

Meg142!

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello all. About a week ago, I noticed my cat scratching his ear more than normal. So I kept an eye on it, thinking it was just some dry skin as it's winter and very dry right now. But then almost overnight, his ear went bald and looked dry and irritated. I thought it may be ear mites or some kind of fungal infection so I made a vet's appointment asap.
After looking him over and taking some skin samples, he was diagnosed with Pemphigus, which is an autoimmunity that causes bald spots and itching on his ears, nose, and paws. He was given a steroid shot, oral steroids, and a topical spray to help the itching. It was also recommend to switch him to a limited ingredient diet, and take steps to improve his immune system.

Of anyone has some experience with a cat with this disease, or has some product suggestions to help boost his immune system, I would really appreciate the help. He was only being affected in one ear, but it's also starting to affect his other ear. I'll attach some photos. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Meg142!

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cats have leukemia and a boosted immune system is a must. I give mine DMG which I get at Amazon or Walmart, online. One was diagnosed to die 'within days' two and a half years ago! So far, so good!
Thanks! I also saw this as an option. I kept seeing l-lysine but I thought that was mainly for FIV or FIP (can't remember which one).

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I have seen that as well, but again, I have no experience with that directly.