Cat Destroying Collars

Pumpkat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Out of the blue Pumpkin has started to excessively lick her collars. We've been through two in the past three months because they end up misshapen and fraying. Other than licking at them, collars don't seem to bother her. I've made them as tight as I can but she finds a way.

Break away collars aren't exactly cheap and I don't like the idea of leaving her without one in case she gets out. Should I just let her have her way?

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
Have you seen Lupine collars? They're actually lifetime guaranteed. When they fray from the pulling to where it's too tight for kitty's neck, you take it back where you bought it for a replacement (or mail it back to the company itself)
They're made in the USA. Right next to my state (Maine) in New Hampshire!

The only thing they don't cover is lost collars.... Which makes sense seeing how they're breakaway and did their job. Our woods are full of them now from my adventurous little boy. :flail:I hope I can eventually find a couple he's lost haha

But my girls have just frayed theirs from normal scratching and we've had no problems getting replacements.

Lupine Pet - Dog Collars, Leashes & Pet Gear - 100% GUARANTEED

PS don't make her collar too tight--You should be able to slip two fingers under it. I'm sure you knew that but I'm saying it anyway. ;)

Last edited:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Something has changed or she wouldn't have started this new behavior. Try another collar, even the break aways. If she is indoors only, what are the chances of her getting out?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Pumpkat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She had a Rogz kitten collar for a year and a half (slow grower). It's fine just old and a touch too small now. Noticed it a month after getting her a larger Rogz collar that it had loose fuzz. Bought a collar in a similar brand more like the original.

She's gotten out once while we were at work. Just worried someone wouldn't check for a microchip. She's too fat to be mistaken for a feral at least.

Pumpkat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Have you seen Lupine collars? They're actually lifetime guaranteed. When they fray from the pulling to where it's too tight for kitty's neck, you take it back where you bought it for a replacement (or mail it back to the company itself)
They're made in the USA. Right next to my state (Maine) in New Hampshire!

The only thing they don't cover is lost collars.... Which makes sense seeing how they're breakaway and did their job. Our woods are full of them now from my adventurous little boy. :flail:I hope I can eventually find a couple he's lost haha

But my girls have just frayed theirs from normal scratching and we've had no problems getting replacements.

Lupine Pet - Dog Collars, Leashes & Pet Gear - 100% GUARANTEED

PS don't make her collar too tight--You should be able to slip two fingers under it. I'm sure you knew that but I'm saying it anyway. ;)
I love their designs! I'm in Australia so hopefully that's not an issue. No worries she's poofy so I'm constantly checking if it's too tight

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
I love their designs! I'm in Australia so hopefully that's not an issue. No worries she's poofy so I'm constantly checking if it's too tight
I've a friend in Canada who's a big fan of their collars for her doggos... Not sure if they're available in Oz but definitely look into it!
PS I love Australia I've visited 3 times. <3

Pumpkat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've a friend in Canada who's a big fan of their collars for her doggos... Not sure if they're available in Oz but definitely look into it!
PS I love Australia I've visited 3 times. <3
I'm talking to them on Facebook to see if they do. Took her ratty collar off to trim back the fuzz so she's having free neck time.