Cat destroyed a treat tube

catcora

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat somehow got a hold of his lick-able treat tube and completely destroyed it while I wasn’t in the room, can’t find the other parts of the plastic. It was a Catit Creamy Treats. I’m keeping an eye on his behaviour and his litter box- nothing at the moment, but I’m just worried about if the edges are going to be sharp enough to do some internal damage (the tube plastic was your average plastic cat tube treat) most of it is in tiny pieces besides the main long piece, so I’m hoping this means if he did ingest any, it will pass through peacefully :( I did give him a bit extra for dinner to “bulk u” his poop in hoped of it passing more easily

This has happened before where he stole and destroyed the treat tube and nothing happened to him then, any other advice ?

Attachments

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He may vomit it up somewhere, so look for that, too. Otherwise, you're on poop patrol. Watch for symptoms of blockage such as nausea, no eating, lethargy, not able to lay comfortably, and no poop in the litter box. If you notice any of these, get him to the vet immediately.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catcora

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He may vomit it up somewhere, so look for that, too. Otherwise, you're on poop patrol. Watch for symptoms of blockage such as nausea, no eating, lethargy, not able to lay comfortably, and no poop in the litter box. If you notice any of these, get him to the vet immediately.
Thanks for the help! 12 hours later, he has pooped but i didn’t find any plastic in it, he also slept through the night as usual and is playful after waking up, I think i will monitor him like this for atleast 2 days just to be safe