Cat cries for attention even when in my lap

shebaa

Queen of Sheba
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a 6 month old make kitty that I adopted a month ago. He is a talker but noticing he sometimes cries for attention even though hes already in my lap. Doesnt happen everyday but now im wondering if this is just because hes just a cry baby and i should ignore it or if its something more. He eats and drinks fine, he plays with sibling. He is a piggy eater and when i feed him pate food, i push it along the edges of the bowl so it takes him longer to finish it. Compare my other kitty, 7 month male who takes his time, and sometimes i will give him a head start, and sometimes even then the 6 month will still finish first, but not always. cry baby also has one eye, good eye is a bit cloudy but it was already like that it doesnt seem to be getting worse. other than that hes in good health.

felinelover2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My 'cry baby' is my girl. She 'cries' when she's hungry or when she's bored.

Maybe kitty wants you to play with them? Try putting kitty down from your lap and grabbing a toy to play with :)

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Some cry for attention, some just get talkative when they are happy and some, just like an overly tired child, cry when they really need to sleep. I had one that would get like this and only quiet down if I walked her and sang her to sleep. Fortunately most don’t need this much. You can try gently stroking his nose up from the tip to his forehead. If he is tired this usually puts them to sleep in a few minutes.

Also,I am wondering if you have talked to your vet about his cloudy eye. You just want to make sure he doesn’t have a lingering infection in that eye.

Last edited: