Cat constipation

DivaLuna5

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitty cannot seem to do number 2. She does have kidney disease. Could this be one of the effects of the disease? I don’t know what to do. She goes in her box and just digs around. When she feels she has to go but can’t release, she goes inside the bath tub and just sits there for a few minutes. Then she hops back into the litter box does her duty. But just for the past few days, she does the tub technique with no results. Does anyone have any advice o what I should do?
Just took her to the vet for her yearly check up and she was absolutely fine with all her test and everything.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You could try adding a pinch of psyllium into her food twice a day, it's a fibre and might help. Many members give pumpkin and have success with that. Ask your vet if there is a mild laxative you could give daily to help her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

DivaLuna5

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for your suggestion verna davies. Will definitely look into those things at my local pet store. :)

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Psyllium can he bought almost anywhere, many people use it for regular bowel movements. Pumpkin must be plain, no additives.