Cat Collars

6kittymama

Now 10 kitty mama!
Adult Cat
Purraise
what are the best and Safest to use? Easy to get on would be a plus but safest is my priority

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I bought spooky a collar that clicks on idk if its the right one
If you tug on the buckle and it opens you are good. I prefer one that snaps open with less pressure so that my smaller one can open it. A super stretch one, like Beastie Band, is also good.

I am not personally a fan of the ones with one spot of stretch. If the cat snags it wrong or slow it might not break or stretch enough. Having seen the result of a cat whose collar didn't release I wouldn't ever risk my cats on a collar that can't open or stretch enough in an emergency.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is this ok to use ?
I use that type, and it breaks open readily. The cats are all microchipped so it's not a huge problem if they escape and lose their collar. I figure whoever finds them without their collars will have enough sense to have them checked for microchips.

One problem I do have is that my little girl kitty thinks a cat collar is the best thing since sliced bread. She manages to get the collars off the other two and I catch her playing with them around the house.

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Same spooky and Sandwich do it all the time I gave up putting back on Sandwich but I do take off spookys sometimes at night I need to put it on so I can tell where she is at night so I know where she is

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Link thinks collars are great toys too. He doesn't take off the other twos collars but he does take of his in a day or two. He usually bring them back home a few days later.

Beastie Bands seemed to stay on longer for a while. I think one lasted size months before Link figured it out and started taking that off too.