Cat Chews Cords

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The first thing that comes to mind, and I'm sure they are mentioned in the link that FeebysOwner FeebysOwner gave you, is to coat the cords with bitter apple or tabasco sauce. Of course, this has to be repeated periodically. The second thing is to buy cord covers that will keep her bitty toofies away from those cords!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
The first thing that comes to mind, and I'm sure they are mentioned in the link that FeebysOwner FeebysOwner gave you, is to coat the cords with bitter apple or tabasco sauce. Of course, this has to be repeated periodically. The second thing is to buy cord covers that will keep her bitty toofies away from those cords!
I will try wrapping them. I'm hoping this will work the Tabasco sauce I'm sure she would love it she's weird

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hek wouldn't go after tabasco, but she does love raspberry sherbet. I do get "weird."

Feste

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You could also try a diluted chili pepper (teaspoon of chili pepper in water) or orange spray. If you spray a bit on the cords, she should keep away from them. It worked for my friend’s kitten who chewed through two laptop chargers.

5starcathotel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
25+ years ago, I was dealing with a cat with same fetish, while still living at home.

My not-entirely-humane solution at the time was to link 5x +9V batteries in series, with a bit of speaker wire across my cats bedding and play areas.

I remember being woken one early morning with "Bzzt" and "lick lick lick" sounds from one of my two cats at the time.

I can't really recommend this - I was young and stupid, and would never do this today. But I can't deny this completely *ended* Simba's interest in chewing electrical cords!