Cat chewed through toilet supply line

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my cats chews so much sometimes I wonder if she's part rodent.

Taste deterrents have no effect on her. Fortunately she doesn't eat anything non food, she just likes to chew.

She's chewed holes in our crocs, plastic toys, doorstops, shower hoses, cables, and now the flexible toilet supply line. I have split loom tubing over every electric cord in the house and that's working well.

Any suggestions for what I could put on the toilet supply line to protect it from her?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
WeII, that's a new one! There are a Iot who go after the toiIet paper, but the actuaI water suppIy Iine? WhiIe I know it's a major PITA, you have to admire her persistence! Yes, check Amazon. Those metaI suppIy Iines are VERY durabIe, as are the covers.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Any suggestions for what I could put on the toilet supply line to protect it from her?
While I don't have any better suggestions than the ones posted above I did want to let you know I can sympathize with you.🤗 Neely, also had an unceasing determination for chewing. We'd come home to find something new she had gotten her teeth into many times. To this day there are things she had chewed that I fixed and since she has passed I almost feel like she did this purposely so I would remember her after she was gone.:winkcat:

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Definitely try to get her some things to chew that are appropriate 🤣

Silvervine sticks. There's some chews that are just chicken/fish etc in stick form or otherwise. Steer clear of rawhide and choose thicker silvervine sticks as the thin ones can shatter.