Cat Chattering

AlQaza

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitten has been chattering for awhile now, probably because out of reach prey as stated when I looked online.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yep. I'll bet that's the answer. It is perfectly normal, and isn't it interesting to watch?

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a cat that chatters all the time :) i think it sounds awfully cute :)

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
My two don't chatter but Dudley trills and chirrups often, and Parker (9 & 1/2 months old) has just begun trilling to me. I find these sweet sounds delightful.

The difference between a trill and a chirrup is a trill is done from cat to human, whereas a chirrup is done from cat to cat. Both sounds are an expression of joy or anticipation of joy (as Dudley chirrups in the hall in order to get Parker to go and join him for a game of 'ninja pounce and roll').

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My Maine Coon mix would get the chattery jaw and noise when she was watching birds - the Big Guy doesn't bother with that LOL but he sure has some darling trills and purry meows :loveeyes:

GalifreyGirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My little girl makes little noises every time she moves. We've had her checked out, and the vet says she is fine. Weve come to the conclusion thay its her way of letting us know she is there.