Cat Chattering when not hunting

aegisrose

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello Cat friends!!
I have a question about odd cat "chattering / charming" noises.  I know that cats do this when watching birdies and squirrels or even with laser pointer, but our Delirium started doing it randomly when standing around and not particularly in "hunt mode".  Sometimes, the chattering turns into an odd yawn.

I've owned cats all my life and have never seen anything like it.

A little background:

- she's a little over a year old

- we just moved with a particular long car ride in between homes

- we've been here a week. All 3 cats have adjusted well (for the most part, they are still a bit skittish, but that's expected)

She seems well (maybe eating a little less than usual, but drinking is normal, and she plays and likes her new cat scratchers...I just want to make sure that the chirping/chattering sounds don't mean anything weird that I should be watching for.

Thanks!!

Aegis (and Delirium!)

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm pretty sure there's nothing to worry about here..  Moving takes most cats quite a while to adjust. 

Keep an eye on her though  (of course you will...) in the unlikely case anything more worrying crops up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aegisrose

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the response...  and I just wanted to update:  After nearly two weeks, the behavior has lessened.  Now she just chatters while she's at the window, and her appetite is normal again. Must've just been weird "moving stress".

Here she is just hanging out (with her ears all tweaky 'cause she was into the nip):

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Great shot!

Glad to hear things are settling

bigperm20

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat Beans chatters, trills, and chirps all the time. I've heard her meow maybe 5 times since she was 12 weeks old (she's 11 1/2 months now). Some cats are just wierd I guess.