Cat - Charlie - Urinary Tract Issues

miguel99nyc

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello,

Im in the process of uploading recent lab work and urine work done few days ago, while doctor has said for most part bloodwork is good (organs functioning), his urine came back with higher then normal Protein and PH. Not sure by how much but doctor has said was high.

Reason for testing was because he has been for some long time now (not everyday though) urinating random places and at times passing stool but stool is much less often then urinating out of box. Other times he does in litter box just fine. He shown no other symptoms really other than at times he doesn't eat a meal...but then makes up for it meal after and eats a lot.

Doctor wants to do one more test to rule eat early stages of Kidney disease, because bloodwork is not indicating it? But he said bloodwork isn't too trustworthy in the beginning stages he said.

But aside from that ruling out kidney disease,(though this urinating problem has been with him for many years already..) he does lean towards being a behavorial problem and might prescribe these anti-stress medication for him...Also put him on C/D or S/D Hill's canned food for some crystals I believe was in his urine as well. He was told to be on that C/D canned food after he had a blockages several years ago and needed to be drained that urine. So we gave him C/D for some time but he began to dislike it and then turned to his regular friskies food and also Pro Plan Urinary Tract which he likes at times, more rthen C/D.

So my question is, what foods do you guys recommend other then C/D / S/D's or Pro Plan Urinary Tract one for urinary tract health? Doctor want's to lower immediately his PH's level in urine and also he has high protein. Any advice would be greatly appreciated it.

Thank You

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

miguel99nyc

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Also, in comparison to Hill's C/D food or S/D, what ingredients to Have to watch out for, or say what should be contained less or more to compare to other canned food so I can see other alternatives as well.

Would be much appreciated.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
OK, for the C/D or S/D substitute, here is a thread on what might be suitable, BUT, with the high protein in his urine, that's a whole other story :sigh:. Food help please For possible crystals, you want to cut down on magnesium, phosphorus and ash, but I just don't know how that will effect the high proteins in his urine. I think once you pick a couple new foods, then you should run them past your Vet to see how they will do. That one's tricky.