Cat Cancer Diagnosis

JackieS

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all!

Our 5 year old boy Luke, just underwent a bone marrow aspiration and was diagnosed with Lymphoid Leukemia. We've already gone through a blood transfusion about 2 weeks ago where his hematocrit was maintained at 16%. Now its lowered to 10%. He is slowly loosing his appetite and is very reserved now. Sometimes he has bouts of energy and then lays down and he is obviously tired since hes so anemic. Hes currently on Prednisolone and Doxy which our vet put him on while she was doing all these tests on him.

Our vet recommended an Oncologist in the area and we've already made an appointment for Thursday. I was wondering if anyone has any advice or gone through this with their cat? Especially one so young?
I've become such a helicopter mom checking on him every 5 minutes to make sure he's okay, even waking up several times at night to check his breathing.

Thank you all in advance!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! welcome, even under the circumstances!!
I'm so sorry to hear this about your baby!
I went looking through some thread discussions but didn't really see anyone I could tag for you. Hopefully someone will come in here for you :vibes: :redheartpump:

Last edited:

Cat_mediator

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all!

Our 5 year old boy Luke, just underwent a bone marrow aspiration and was diagnosed with Lymphoid Leukemia. We've already gone through a blood transfusion about 2 weeks ago where his hematocrit was maintained at 16%. Now its lowered to 10%. He is slowly loosing his appetite and is very reserved now. Sometimes he has bouts of energy and then lays down and he is obviously tired since hes so anemic. Hes currently on Prednisolone and Doxy which our vet put him on while she was doing all these tests on him.

Our vet recommended an Oncologist in the area and we've already made an appointment for Thursday. I was wondering if anyone has any advice or gone through this with their cat? Especially one so young?
I've become such a helicopter mom checking on him every 5 minutes to make sure he's okay, even waking up several times at night to check his breathing.

Thank you all in advance!
Have you tried any natural remedies? I am more leaning on natural treatment than giving him all the chemical treatment. All types of cancer have a lot to do with a weaken immune system. Besides the main drug that the vet gave you, you can also try boosting his immune system with tumeric power, spirulina etc.
I can't imagine how hard it is on you when a cat that young has cancer. I am very sorry. Let us know his progress.