Cat Can Barely Walk...

ShellBell1229

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a 13 year old female cat, Ragamuffin, and she is going through the same thing with her back legs.Suddenly my cat can barely walk... :( Started about 6 months ago suddenly and I do not have $500 to $1,000 to have her tested and x-rayed and blood panels and I don't know what to do. I've watched her, I have examined her and I think it is arthritis. She walks crazy almost like on her toes in back. I hear cracking in her back ankles occassionally. I started to give her Icelandic Salmon oil and I give her coconut oil. Seems to help a little. She throws up Cosequin (good for joints) so that's out. Eating, drinking, litter box habits all good & consistent. She just can't walk well back legs. Thought it was organ failure as I've had that happen to a cat before. But everything else seems fine. Thought oh my gosh, she's dying, but she doesn't appear that is happening. Feel extremely guilty I can't take her to vet. But c'mon $500 for just blood panel, plus xrays, plus urinalysis, stool analysis. Its too much. If anybody knows what helps arthritis if it is that, write us

Last edited by a moderator:

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
Shell, if cats don't walk on their toes something is wrong.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
S ShellBell1229 , the fishoil is a good start. Some people think Krill Oil is even better. Grenn Lipped Mussel powder is good also. And as noted in the thread you initially referenced, Hyaluronic Acid (for cats) is also supposedly good. I know it's good for humans.

Is your girl overweight at all? If so, losing weight should help. Heat also helps. either a heated bed, or even a light tht provides heat helps...IF it's truly arthritis. If and when it gets really bad, then pain killers (prescribed) are usually needed, never over the counter ones as those are not good for cats.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
S ShellBell1229 , the fishoil is a good start. Some people think Krill Oil is even better. Grenn Lipped Mussel powder is good also. And as noted in the thread you initially referenced, Hyaluronic Acid (for cats) is also supposedly good. I know it's good for humans.

Is your girl overweight at all? If so, losing weight should help. Heat also helps. either a heated bed, or even a light tht provides heat helps...IF it's truly arthritis. If and when it gets really bad, then pain killers (prescribed) are usually needed, never over the counter ones as those are not good for cats.